A problem is seen in a particular model connected to the Video Management System.
- Verify both the camera and VMS are at the latest software revisions.
- A third-party tool called ONVIF Device Manager (ODM) (https://sourceforge.net/projects/onvifdm/) will be installed on the VMS. This tool will be used to identify if the issue is camera or VMS related.
- Install ODM and launch the program. It will begin auto discovering cameras. If your camera is not populated you can manually add it on the lower left.
- Enter the username (admin) and the password for the camera.
- Once logged in, select the camera. There are links to view the live video from each sensor(s) depending on the camera model.
- Monitor the live video from here to see if the symptoms experienced in the VMS can be replicated. For example, if there's an issue with motion events not being recorded/picked up in the VMS, click on the camera in ODM, then click Events. If you see motion events populate as shown below, the camera is passing motion events properly. The VMS manufacturer must be consulted next.
Please sign in to leave a comment.