Severe degradation of video image quality i.e. pixelation, “rubber band” effect, etc.
IP Camera: 10.0.0.66
- Download and install Wireshark.
- Launch Wireshark.
- Click Capture > Options (Ctrl + K).
- Click the Options tab> Set Stop capture automatically after... = 3 minutes.
Note: This is recommended if you're connected over a WAN connection.
- Click the Input tab and select the network adapter that communicates with your IP camera.
- In the Capture filter for selected interfaces type the below replacing with the IP address of your camera:
- Click Start. The capture will run for 3 minutes then automatically stop.
- Click and select a UDP packet as noted in red. In this example the stream number is 20008. Click Analyze > Decode As.
- Click the + icon.
- The Field Column should say UDP port and show a value of 20008. Click the Current column and select RTP. Click OK.
- The Protocol column should now say RTP.
- Click Telephony > RTP > Stream Analysis.
- In the RTP Stream Analysis window check for Lost Packets.