Before recording with SD card, the system timer has to be configured using the following methods.
1. The camera will request NTP timestamp from NTP server every 5 minutes. The default NTP
server is located in Las Vegas: 22.214.171.124. To connect to NTP server, gateway and
subnetmask have to be configured correctly. The user can change NTP server IP address:
2. The user can manually and periodically send current NTP timestamp:
To setup SD recording codec, framerate and enable/disable continuously recording:
1. 4K models only support h264 recording/playback.
2. For 4K models, “sd_fps” values are (1..15)
To enable/disable events recording, the user has to disable continuously recording, and then enable
the following event(s):
Note: if the continuous recording is disabled and none of event recording is enabled, the SD card will
not initiate recording.
To retrieve the records, the user can inquiry the recording start/stop timestamps and then setup
playback start (and stop) timestamps:
Note: Returns the NTP timestamps corresponding to the beginning and the end recorded video:
Note: Without specifying the stop playback timestamp or specifying it as 0, the camera will
continuously play till the end of recorded video.
To request SD recorded images, the substring “sd=(playback|download)” should be included in the
request string. PLAYBACK option will allow the recorded video to be streamed at the real-time speed;
DOWNLOAD option will allow the recorded video to be streamed as fast as possible, for example:
1. For 4K, the command: http://camera_ip/mjpeg?sd=(playback|download) is not supported
2. For 4K models, “download” is not used. A new command that allows for dynamically controlling
the playback framerate has been introduced:
To select a region of the image to be recorded and stored in SD card, the user can set left, right, top,
bottom, decimation of the image, before starting recording:
The user can also retrieve the size of selected region: