The system is not functioning properly due to various reasons and needs to be restored to its factory default state.
- A USB recovery key came with the unit. Insert this into the front of the NVR.
- Reboot the NVR and press F2 until the BIOS loads.
- Select Boot Manager.
- If prompted the password is: dvr4321
- Select EFI USB Drive.
- Wait for the wizard to load then click Continue.
- Initially, there are 2 options. Click the Advanced button then click OK to display the third.
- Conditional Reimage - Recovers OS Partition Only
- Complete Reimage - Recovers the entire primary system hard drive
- Factory Reset - Recovers the entire primary drive and all data drives (VIDEO LOSS WILL OCCUR).
- Click Factory Reset.
- Enter the serial number of the unit then click Continue.
- Accept the license agreement then click Continue.
- Wait for the recovery process to complete (approximately 10 - 15 minutes).
- Click Finish and remove the USB recovery key.