TAC has received a few cases concerning Contera licensing. There is no detailed process documented explaining what happens at each phase.
- The customer has decided to purchase an NVR (hardware appliance).
- The customer must purchase one of the below software licenses (1 per camera) with the NVR on a valid PO.
- AV-CST1 - Contera Standard 1 Channel Recording License with 1-year ConteraWS Free.
- AV-CPM1 - Contera Premium 1 Channel Recording License with 1-year ConteraWS Free.
- AV-CPR1 - Contera Professional 1 Channel Recording License with 1-year ConteraWS Free.
- Once the PO is received, an order will be placed in NetSuite.
- The customer will be sent a confirmation email from email@example.com with the subject line Arecont Order Confirmation. It will look similar to the below.
- Once the NVR ships, they should confirm the NVR serial number and license count match what was previously sent. Using the example above an AV-CPR1 was ordered with a quantity of 10 camera licenses. This information can be found on the box the NVR shipped in under the section "Upgrades" as shown below.
- If the customer plans to use the ConteraWS service, they need to contact Inside Sales to create a Channel Partner account.
If there are any issues with licensing, the below are the things to check:
- Was the product ordered correctly?
- Obtain the PO number. Every order should show the NVR model and another line showing the license sold with the NVR.
- Was a channel partner account created?
- If not, they need to be directed to Inside Sales.
- Was the license applied correctly on the Contera System under the licensing tab?
- If not, they can try offline activation via this link: https://activate.gp4f.com/
- See this article: How to add Contera licenses without an internet connection