An integrator has Arecont Vision cameras that are only ONVIF Profile S and were added via ONVIF. Motion detection is not supported in ONVIF Profile S. It is supported in ONVIF Profile T (see https://www.onvif.org/profiles/). If the camera model in question does not support ONVIF Profile T, the camera must be added using the Arecont driver.
Avigilon Control Center Server v220.127.116.11
Avigilon Control Center Client v18.104.22.168
Verify the camera has motion detection enabled and is setup properly. See the manual relevant to the camera model you are working on for specific instructions. The below steps are for a AV5255PMIR-SH.
- Log into the camera web page.
- Click Motion Detection and put a check mark next to Enable.
- If you want to resize the motion detection cells you will need to un check Enable then put a check mark next to Extended. Adjust the motion parameters as needed then re enable motion.
- If motion is detected the cell will turn green.
Add the camera to Avigilon and apply a motion schedule.
- Launch the Avigilon Control Center Client and login.
- Click New Task > Site Setup > Select your server > Connect / Disconnect Devices.
- Click Find Device and add the camera using the Arecont Vision driver as shown below. Replace the IP address, username and password with your information.
- Drag the camera from Discovered Devices to Connected Devices and click OK.
- Go to the Setup tab and click Recording Schedule.
- Apply a motion schedule to the camera and click OK.
- Generate motion in the scene then click the Recorded button.
- The time line will show the pre & post in blue and the motion event will be indicated by red.