- Consult with your local/regional agencies regarding audio recording laws specific to your area.
- The thin client (Web GUI) does not support audio in Live or Search.
- The thick client (https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php) must be used to hear audio in Live or Search.
An integrator needs to setup audio with a Contera system.
The equipment used in this example is an AV02CLD-100 with the AV-1AK accessory (sold separately) and a Louroe ASK-4® #300. See the manufacturer's documentation on how to properly wire the equipment.
- Enable audio in the camera web interface. Do not proceed until you can hear audio in the web interface.
- See the specific camera manufacturer's installation manual on how to do this.
- Login to the ConteraVMS.
- Click the Setup icon.
- Under General Configuration click Cameras and select the camera you need to enable audio on.
- Click the Audio tab and put a checkmark next to Enable Audio Recording.
- Click Apply then Save.
- Log in to the thick client and pull up the camera in Live or Search.
- Right-click on the image and select Audio > Play Audio.
- The lower-left corner of the cell will display an audio icon.
- You should hear through your speakers.