Recommended Guidelines/Best Practices when positioning cameras for use with analytics:
- The camera should be mounted approximately 2.5 - 3 meters above the subject.
- The camera should be pointed downwards approximately 30 degrees from horizontal.
- The camera positioning angle should avoid the following:
- Object size is too small (< 10% of the entire scene).
- Object size is too large (> 40% of the entire scene).
- Objects hidden from view.
- An over head position is ideal for counting, detecting directional movement and avoiding objects being hidden from the scene.