- Firmware Loader is a legacy application. This application will apply any *.mb file to the camera, even if the *.mb file is for a different camera model. Care should be used when selecting the firmware to be applied. If the camera cannot be discovered by Firmware Loader it is further confirmation that you have a failed camera.
- Firmware Loader is for firmware version 65191 and lower.
- If the firmware on the camera is version 65192 or higher, a different tool, AV IP Utility must be used.
- When a firmware update is applied, any password set on the camera will be erased. The password must be re entered in the camera web ui.
- Direct connect to the camera with a PoE injector for best results.
- Disconnect any devices streaming from the camera before any firmware or hardware update (i.e. remove it from the NVR, close web pages to it).
- Disable any firewall or security software on the workstation.
- Disable any wireless adapters.
- Download and extract Firmware Loader to your computer. The file is attached at the end of this article.
- Right click Firmware Loader and select Run As Administrator if the option is available.
- Set the timeout to 1000 ms.
- Click Find Cameras - This creates a firewall exception for the tool as well.
- If the camera is not found, manually enter the IP address of the camera and click Find Cameras.
- Select a camera then click Upgrade Firmware.
- Locate the firmware and select Open.
- Wait for the firmware update to complete. Perform a continuous ping to the camera to see when it comes back up.