The installer needs to validate that motion events being triggered in Arecont cameras are being received by the recorder.
- Ensure the camera(s) are on current firmware.
- Download and install Wireshark on the recorder.
- Launch Wireshark on the recorder.
- Double click on the appropriate Ethernet interface.
- Navigate to the web interface of the camera and verify Motion has been enabled.
- Trigger motion in the scene. You will see the cells change to green indicating the camera detected Motion.
- Stop and save the the packet capture.
- Filter for http.
- You are looking for GET /get?mdresult&id=xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1
- Right click on the packet and select Follow > HTTP Stream.
- A sample of when no Motion is being triggered is below.
- A sample of when Motion is being triggered is below.
- If Motion Events are being received but they are not triggering in the recorder, please contact the vendor for support.