ConteraVMS fails to discover and add Arecont Vision multi-sensor cameras.
Occasionally, discovery fails to correctly add Arecont Vision Costar multi-sensor cameras to ConteraVMS. To add the camera manually:
- Open ConteraWS or the VMS Client, click Setup.
- Under General Configuration, click Cameras.
- Click Add Cameras » Manually Add Camera.
- Enter the appropriate connection information to add the camera. When you select the Arecont protocol you will see options for Camera Name, Arecont Video Sensor # (1-4) and Max Video Sensors.
- Under Camera Name, enter a name for the camera.
- Under Arecont Video Sensor specify the lens number you want to add — 1 to 4. You must enter each lens as a separate camera.
- Under Max Video Sensors, enter the number of sensors the camera contains (typically 4).
- Click Save or Save and Add New to add another camera/lens if you need to add additional sensors.
- Go back to the Cameras tab to find the cameras you just added. You can now continue configuring the camera.