Please use the following steps to guide you through adding any Arecont Vision Costar Camera to your Milestone System.
- Open your Milestone XProtect Management Application.
- Once logged in and connected to your system click Add Hardware.
- You will be prompted with 2 options.
- Scan for hardware
- Manually specify the hardware to add.
- Select Manually specify the hardware to add.
- Fill in the camera information when prompted by the the Add Hardware Wizard. You will then select a driver package to use or allow the system to Auto-Detect.
*Note: When using Arecont Vision Cameras it is always best to use the Arecont Driver for older model cameras and the Onvif Driver for newer model cameras as seen in the example below.
- When the camera has been successfully added, you will see Connected within the Status column as seen below.
- Your camera will show up under Hardware Devices. Expand the tree to find your device. It will have a generic name such as Hardware Device 1 as seen in example below.
- Select the Camera device and Open Properties to continue configuring your camera.