You may notice that some firmware files are not available on our website and require you to contact support. In order to proceed, please do the following:
- Using our website, update to the last available version of firmware before contacting tech support.
- Once you get to the file that requires tech support contact, proceed to the Solution section.
Contacting the Technical Assistance Team (TAC) to request firmware:
- Go to https://support.arecontvision.com and click Submit a request.
- Select Troubleshooting and enter your information:
- Enter Your email address.
- Under Problem Category select "Firmware Update".
- In the Subject field, enter "firmware request for <yourCameraModel>".
- In description include:
- Camera Model & MAC Address.
- Camera IPN (Internal Part Number).
- In the Camera firmware version (if applicable) field, enter the firmware version currently installed on your camera.
- (Optional) Include any screenshots or files you think are applicable under Attachments.
- Click Submit. This creates a ticket for you
- A TAC Support Engineer will respond to you as they become available.
What to expect:
- TAC will respond to your request with the necessary files for your upgrade.
- You will likely receive two or more files depending on your camera model. The files will be contained within a zip file.
- The files in the zip will be numbered in the order you should install them. i.e. you will install file 1, then file 2, etc.
- If you have multiple models, you will receive individual zip files for each model.
- Download and install AV IP Utility version 3.1.17 or higher: https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php
- Launch the application with administrative privileges.
- Perform the below if possible for best results:
- Direct connect to the camera with a PoE injector for best results.
- Disconnect any devices streaming from the camera (i.e. remove it from the NVR, close web pages to it).
- Disable any firewall or security software on the workstation.
- Disable any wireless adapters.
- Download and extract the update(s) to your desktop.
- Click on a camera.
- Click Camera > Firmware Update or Hardware Update.
- Browse to the firmware update or Hardware Update and click Open.
- A Update Progress window will appear and the camera will reboot.
- The camera should be displayed at the new version.
Firmware upgrades and utilities can cause permanent damage to your product if applied incorrectly. Before installing any firmware updates, verify the firmware you are downloading is appropriate for the specific model number of your product. If you have any doubts, contact our Technical Assistance Center for guidance.