Synchronize bit rate controls between a camera and VMS.
To ensure stable rate controls, you want to synchronize the following settings across both your VMS/NVR and the camera's interface:
- Bit Rate Control (Variable, Constant or Maximum)
- Bit Rate Value
- Key Frame Interval aka GOP, etc
To synchronize rate controls across your VMS/NVR and camera:
- Review or modify bit rate, resolution, and other settings in your VMS/NVR platform.
- Open a web browser and login to your camera's interface.
- Match the settings from your VMS/NVR on the camera:
- Go to the H264 to set Bit Rate Control type and values.
- Go to the Video tab to set the camera's Resolution (full, half, or crop)
- Go to the System or Administration tabs and click Save All to save your settings.
- To get or set your GoP / iFrame / Key frame interval:
http://camera_ip/get?keyframeintervalin your web browser to GET your current setting. The default `keyframeinterfal` is 50; if you get a different value, it was likely changed by your VMS/NVR.
http://camera_ip/set?keyframeinterval=”0-65535"to change the setting.
For more information about camera bitrates, see: