A password has been set on a camera and neither the customer or integrator know it.
For best results see the below:
- Once a nonce file has been generated, do not do anything with the camera (i.e. power cycle it) until you are ready to apply the key files.
- Direct connect to the camera with a PoE injector for best results.
- Disable any firewall or security software on the workstation.
- Disable any wireless adapters.
- Download and install AV IP Utility v3.1.17 or higher: https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php
- Click on a camera.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Create Nonce / Magic Code File.
- Save and email this file to Technical Support (email@example.com).
- Do not do anything else with the camera until you upload the file provided by Technical Support.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Reset Passwords.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Locate the key that was provided by Technical Support and click Open.
- The camera status should change from Pwd Protected to Accessible within 30 seconds.