A password has been set on a camera and neither the customer nor integrator knows it.
For best results see the below:
- Once a nonce file has been generated, do not do anything with the camera (i.e. power cycle it) until you are ready to apply the key files.
- Directly connect to the camera with a PoE injector for the best results.
- Disable any firewall or security software on the workstation.
- Disable sub interfaces on the Ethernet adapter
- Disable any wireless adapters.
- IMPORTANT: If the camera says "Inaccessible" your workstation is not in the same network range as the camera. Change the workstation to match the camera. Relaunch AV IP Utility and it should say "Pwd Protected."
- IMPORTANT: For Verint Systems, remove the camera from the VMS then attempt a password reset. Password resets performed while connected to a Verint system have failed.
- Download and install AV IP Utility v3.1.17 or higher: https://sales.arecontvision.com/software.php
- Click on a camera.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Create Nonce / Magic Code File.
- Save and email this file to Technical Support (email@example.com).
- Do not do anything else with the camera until you upload the file provided by Technical Support.
- Click Passwords > Reset Passwords > Reset Passwords.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- Locate the key that was provided by Technical Support and click Open.
- The camera status should change from Pwd Protected to Accessible within 30 seconds.
- If the password reset fails you will need to follow the instructions here: Password Reset Failure