Recording licenses are not preloaded for Contera products. Contera VMS systems are generally registered, licensed, and set up over the internet using web services. Normally, you can follow the directions in your registration email to set up an account and connect the recorder. After your Contera recorder is logged into a Channel Partner account in web services, the serial number is verified and licenses are automatically assigned.
If you can't connect your Contera VMS to the internet, then you must add a license manually.
Registering the system requires the Contera serial number and system ID.
- Get the Contera Serial Number.
- If you have a physical recorder, the serial number is on the back of your recorder.
- If you purchased VMS software, the serial number is in your confirmation email.
- Click the gear icon on upper right of the software and go to the Licensing tab.
- Note the System ID. If you have a physical recorder, you can also get the Serial Number here.
- Select the Manual Licence Setup option. The system will prompt you for an Unlock Code.
- Go to https://activate.gp4f.com.
- Enter your System Serial Number and System ID. This will generate your Unlock Code. Enter this code to grant recording licenses to your recorder or VMS.