To quickly install and bring up a camera.
You will need:
- 1x PoE injector or PoE capable switch compliant with IEEE 802.3af capable of delivering 15.4 watts (Class 3 PSE)
- 1x laptop or desktop computer with Windows operating system.
- Verified CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cables (T-568B standard).
- Connect camera and computer to a PoE injector or PoE network switch
- Install and run AV IP Utility.
- As the AV IP Utility discovers cameras, they appear in a list. Select the camera or cameras you want to set up.
Tip: if cameras don't appear, disable your software firewall or create an exception for the IP utility application.
- Set camera IP addresses. Click Set IP Address and Input IP addresses option, enter an IP address rather than the default IP or use an IP range to address multiple cameras.
Tip: Your camera and computer IP addresses must be in the same subnet range
- Double-click a camera in the application list to view it and verify your camera's settings.
- Connect the switch to the video management system/software to begin recording video.