Performing some basic troubleshooting and gathering the right information before you call Support will help us solve your problem as quickly as possible.
Try some basic troubleshooting
- Isolate your camera on a dedicated network and test discovery with the AV IP Utility.
- Restore your camera to factory defaults.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware.
- Swap the problem camera with another working camera to see if the problem is the camera or the location.
- If the camera has a manual iris, verify that the iris is open.
If the problem persists
Gather the following information about your camera and/or VMS before you create a support ticket:
- MAC address
- Firmware version
- Make/model/version of NVR/VMS software
- Gather screenshots/images demonstrating the problem
- Status of LEDs (on, off, color)
- Help us understand how the camera is powered — Make/model of your Ext/POE switch or injector
Then contact Support
- Preferred: Online Help Portal
- Phone: +1 (818) 937-0700