- Consult with your local/regional agencies regarding audio recording laws specific to your area.
Audio needs to be set up on a Contera IP Microdome.
The equipment used in this example is an AV2756DNIR-S with the AV-1AK accessory (sold separately) and a Louroe ASK-4® #300 (sold separately). See the manufacturer's documentation on how to properly wire the equipment.
- Remove the lower bubble from the camera.
- Plug the AV-1AK into the audio Line in port ensuring the gray wire is closest to the switch labeled SW1.
- Plug the 3.5mm stereo jack from the Louroe IF-1 output into the pink adapter on the AV-1AK.
- Wire the Verifact microphone according to the manufacturer's diagram.
- Provide power to the IF-1 using the supplied power adapter.
- Provide power to the camera using a PoE injector or PoE switch.
- Use AVIP Utility v3.1.21 or higher to locate the IP address of the camera.
- Navigate to the camera webpage and set the initial password if required.
- Click Video & Audio then scroll down to the audio section.
- Verify audio is enabled in the camera web interface.
- Install and launch VLC then click Media > Open Network Stream.
- Type in the below syntax and verify you can hear audio.